Saturday, March 20, 2010

Beautiful Day Bike Ride

It was a beautiful day today, so I thought I better make the most of it and go for a bike ride. I decided on Shinmaiko Beach because it’s a good ride, I haven’t been to the beach in a long time, and it’s beautiful there. The ride itself goes out of the city somewhat -- from all of the apartment complexes and supermarkets, and into the rice fields (which are still barren this time of year). It’s about a 40 min ride from my apartment – maybe a little more coming back because I was riding into the wind.

I didn’t get too far before I noticed my bike wasn’t shifting well. When I stopped to look at it, the cable had burst. Luckily, the bike shop was only a minute away and it took them all of 10 minutes to fix.

Anyway, here are some photos from the day (don't mind the squinty eyed fellow at the end). I’ve only got about 4 months left in Japan – days like today make me never want to leave.



1 comment:

  1. we gotsta go for a long ride once the weather warms up. how bout to those mountains off in the distance?

    ReplyDelete