Friday, February 12, 2010

Doing what i do

Here are a few embarrassing photos of me that i had some of my teachers take of me during my Powerpoint presentation this week. I think my camera (my point and shoot) is dying as the photos it takes are getting worse and the batteries don't last for more than 30 minutes of the camera being on.

The presentation was basically an introduction to Canada, British Columbia, Vancouver, and the 2010 Winter Olympics which begin tomorrow sometime -- depending on which time zone you live in. I begin with some information on Japan and its history in the Winter Olympics. From there i show many photos of Canada and its people, and gradually narrow in on Vancouver, where i show many of the city's highlights. I then go through the different events that the students will be able to watch and finish with a video (watch it here) that does a great job of highlighting Vancouver and the different sporting events. With all of the material in the presentation, which included several maps, graphs, and photos, i feel very confident that every student in the eight classes that i presented to, must have learned something that they didn't know before. I even had a few classes end in applause, which i think is a first for me in the classroom.






No comments:

Post a Comment